By Audrey L. Alstadt
Read Online or Download The Azerbaijani Turks: Power and Identity under Russian Rule (Hoover Institution Press Publication) PDF
Best russian history books
The 1st entire account of Azerbaijan's wealthy and tumultuous historical past as much as the current time.
The pink Army's summer season offensive of 1944 opposed to Hitler's Wehrmacht was once exceptional by way of its scale, scope, and strategic purpose and effect. This learn information how the purple military comprehensive this feat within the phrases of these people who deliberate and orchestrated the offensive.
The booklet unearths the interconnection among social, cultural and political protest events and social and financial adjustments in a post-communist nation like Russia nonetheless ruled by means of bureaucratic rulers and "oligarchs" controlling all easy industries and mining actions. these pursuits also are dominating Russia’s international coverage and clarify why Russia didn't reach turning into a vital part of Europe.
Yugoslav army cooperation with West emerged after the country’s break up with the U. S. S. R. and its allies in 1948. It got here as a shock for lots of, due to the fact Yugoslavia was once one of many staunchest fans of Soviet politics. besides the fact that, confronted with attainable army escalation of the ideological, political, and fiscal worsening of kin with the East, the Yugoslav management speedy became to their former “class enemies.
- Putin's Russia: Past Imperfect, Future Uncertain
- Post-Cold War Identity Politics: Northern and Baltic Experiences (Routledge Studies in Nationalism and Ethnicity)
- For Peace and Money: French and British Finance in the Service of Tsars and Commissars (Oxford Studies in International History)
- Iran and Russian Imperialism: The Ideal Anarchists, 1800-1914 (Iranian Studies)
- A Prince in Prison - The Previous Lubavitcher Rebbe’s Account of His Incarceration in Stalinist Russia in 1927
Extra info for The Azerbaijani Turks: Power and Identity under Russian Rule (Hoover Institution Press Publication)
The Azerbaijani Turks: Power and Identity under Russian Rule (Hoover Institution Press Publication) by Audrey L. Alstadt