By Eunhee Lee,Sean Madigan,Mee-Jeong Park
An creation to Korean Linguistics is a priceless and complete textual content for people with an curiosity in Korean linguistics.
This ebook presents an in-depth advent to the fundamentals of Korean linguistics, and glossy linguistic concept, in an obtainable variety. It encompasses a step by step process designed to guide the reader in the course of the linguistic makeup of the language, from the fundamentals of its sound process and sentence constitution to the semantics of contemporary spoken Korean.
- Detailed chapters masking the middle components within the box of linguistics, together with phonetics, phonology, morphology and syntax
- Clear and obtainable factors which successfully display the intricacies and subtleties of the Korean language
- Suggested readings for these attracted to increasing their wisdom of a selected topic
- Exercises designed to counterpoint the genuine and analytical matters coated in each one chapter
- A accomplished thesaurus of valuable phrases and a significant other web site providing a wealth of extra materials.
Korean is a useful language for the research of theoretical and comparative linguistics because it presents very important examples and counter-examples to key concerns, making An advent to Korean Linguistics a vital textual content for college students linguists alike.
Read Online or Download An Introduction to Korean Linguistics PDF
Best linguistics books
The pervasive use of dislocations (as in Le chocolat, c'est bon) is a key attribute of spoken French. This ebook bargains numerous new and well-motivated insights, according to checks performed by means of the writer, at the syntactic research, prosody, and the translation of dislocation in spoken French. It additionally considers very important points of the purchase of dislocation via monolingual childrens studying diversified French dialects.
Utilizing acoustic reviews of Bernese, Hungarian, Levantine Arabic and Madurese, the writer argues that alterations in geminate timing are finally correlated with even if a language is syllable-or mora-timed.
This white paper is a part of a sequence that promotes wisdom approximately language expertise and its strength. It addresses educators, reporters, politicians, language groups and others. the provision and use of language expertise in Europe varies among languages. therefore, the activities which are required to additional aid examine and improvement of language applied sciences additionally range for every language.
What makes a speech neighborhood? How do they evolve? How are speech groups pointed out? Speech groups are significant to our knowing of the way language and interactions take place in societies world wide and during this ebook readers will locate an summary of the most suggestions and important arguments surrounding how language and verbal exchange types distinguish and determine teams.
- Investigating Variation: The Effects of Social Organization and Social Setting (Oxford Studies in Sociolinguistics)
- Sociocultural Theory Second Language Learning - Oxford Applied Linguistics
- Language Development Over the Lifespan
- Definiteness in Bulgarian: Modelling the Processes of Language Change (Trends in Linguistics. Studies and Monographs [TiLSM])
Additional info for An Introduction to Korean Linguistics
An Introduction to Korean Linguistics by Eunhee Lee,Sean Madigan,Mee-Jeong Park