By Jeanette Altarriba,Roberto R. Heredia
Read Online or Download An Introduction to Bilingualism: Principles and Processes PDF
Best linguistics books
The pervasive use of dislocations (as in Le chocolat, c'est bon) is a key attribute of spoken French. This booklet bargains a variety of new and well-motivated insights, in keeping with exams performed via the writer, at the syntactic research, prosody, and the translation of dislocation in spoken French. It additionally considers vital facets of the purchase of dislocation by way of monolingual childrens studying diversified French dialects.
Utilizing acoustic reviews of Bernese, Hungarian, Levantine Arabic and Madurese, the writer argues that transformations in geminate timing are eventually correlated with no matter if a language is syllable-or mora-timed.
This white paper is a part of a sequence that promotes wisdom approximately language know-how and its power. It addresses educators, reporters, politicians, language groups and others. the provision and use of language know-how in Europe varies among languages. therefore, the activities which are required to additional aid study and improvement of language applied sciences additionally fluctuate for every language.
What makes a speech neighborhood? How do they evolve? How are speech groups pointed out? Speech groups are relevant to our knowing of ways language and interactions ensue in societies worldwide and during this booklet readers will locate an outline of the most innovations and significant arguments surrounding how language and verbal exchange kinds distinguish and establish teams.
- Prinzipien der Sprachgeschichte (Konzepte der Sprach- und Literaturwissenschaft) (German Edition)
- Women in the Language and Society of Japan: The Linguistic Roots of Bias
- The Inflected Infinitive in Romance Languages (Outstanding Dissertations in Linguistics)
- Change of Paradigms – New Paradoxes: Recontextualizing Language and Linguistics (Applications of Cognitive Linguistics [ACL])
- Analysing English as a Lingua Franca: A Corpus-driven Investigation
Extra resources for An Introduction to Bilingualism: Principles and Processes
An Introduction to Bilingualism: Principles and Processes by Jeanette Altarriba,Roberto R. Heredia